Senior Living in Austinburg, Ohio
Top zip codes in Austinburg, OH: 44010
- Austinburg scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Austinburg scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Uhhs Memorial Hospital Of Geneva, Ashtabula County Medical Center, and Glenbeigh.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Austinburg Rehabilitation Center, Jefferson Healthcare Center, and Pine Grove Healthcare Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 76 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Maple Ridge Golf Course, Hemlock Springs Golf Club, and Deer Lake Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Geneva State Park, Wagon Trails Resort, and Heritage Hills RV Park.
- There are 50 churches in or near the city, including Austinburg First United Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Peoples Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.93% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,026, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $75,588, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,677, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,946 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,980 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.47%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 5% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Austinburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Austinburg has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Austinburg has a very sparse population density of 87.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Austinburg have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Austinburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.48%.