Senior Living in Auxier, Kentucky
Top zip codes in Auxier, KY: 41602
- Auxier scores higher than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Auxier scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Highlands Regional Medical Center and Paul B Hall Regional Medical Center).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Riverview Health Care Center, Prestonsburg Health Care Center, and Venture Home Again.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Jenny Wiley State Resort Park, Stone Crest Golf Course, and Beaver Valley Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Jenny Wiley State Resort Park, Fish & Wildlife Division, and US Army Corps of Engineers.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Meally Church of Christ, Arms Hebert -Rev, and First Church of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.46% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,661, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,005, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,604, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,693 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Auxier receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Auxier has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Auxier has a sparse population density of 227.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Auxier have an average daily commute time.
- Auxier has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.72%.