Senior Living in Ava, Illinois
Top zip codes in Ava, IL: 62907
- Ava scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Ava scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Joseph Memorial Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (River To River Residential Corporation).
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Hickory Ridge Public Golf Center, Jackson Country Club, and Southwestern Lakes Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Piney Creek Ravine Nature Preserve, Lake Murphysboro State Park, and Lake Campalot.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including First Assembly of God, Abundant Life Fellowship, and St Peter\'s United Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.26% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,126, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,159, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,167, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,168 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $67,525 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,221 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.65%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ava receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ava has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Ava has a very sparse population density of 23.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ava have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Ava has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.75%.