Senior Living in Ava, New York
Top zip codes in Ava, NY: 13303
- Ava scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Ava scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Rome Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Terrace at Woodland, Bethany Gardens Skilled Living Center, and Betsy Ross Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 47 golf courses in or around the city, including Golf Knolls, Camroden Golf Course, and Delta Knolls Golf Center.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Delta Lake State Park, Pixley Falls, and Franklyn\'s Field.
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph\'s Church, St Patrick\'s Catholic Church, and Friendship Baptist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 26 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,899, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,786, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,949, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.46%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ava receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ava has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Ava has a very sparse population density of 32.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ava have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Ava has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.86%.