Senior Living in Avella, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Avella, PA: 15312
- Avella scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Avella scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Washington Hospital, The and Advanced Surgical Hospital).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Anns Country Retreat, Brightwood Center, and Valley Haven Geriatric Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 102 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 70 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Run Golf Club, Village Green G4050 Henderson Rdolf Course, and Highland Spring Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Brooke Hills Park and Castleman Run Wildlife Management Area).
- There are 68 churches in or near the city, including St Michael Roman Catholic Chr, Hickory United Presbyterian, and Agape Ministries.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 35 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,331, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,196, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,989, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.97%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Avella receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Avella has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Avella has a very sparse population density of 47.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Avella have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Avella has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.09%.