Senior Living in Avenel, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Avenel, NJ: 07001
- Avenel scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Avenel scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 26 hospitals within close range of the city, including Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital At Rahway, Woodbridge Development Center, and Raritan Bay Medical Center.
- There are 160 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alaris Health at Riverton, Care One at The Highlands, and RWJ University Hospital at Rahway - Kindred Hospital LTACH.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1462 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 156 golf courses in or around the city, including Colonia Country Club, Colonia Country Club, and Oak Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 20 parks near the city center, including Clay Pit Ponds State Park Preserve, Roosevelt Park, and Freshkills Park.
- There are 677 churches in or near the city, including St Andrew\'s Roman Catholic Chr, First Presbyterian Church, and St Anthony\'s Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 977 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 33 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 343 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.65% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,584, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $70,721, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,188, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.41%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Avenel receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Avenel has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Avenel has a dense population density of 4,311.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Avenel have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Avenel has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.38%.