Senior Living in Avis, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Avis, PA: 17721
- Avis scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Avis scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Jersey Shore Hospital, Jersey Shore Hospital, and Lock Haven Hospital.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Manorcare Health Services - Jersey Shore, Fulmer\'s Personal Care Home, and Geisinger-Shamokin Area Community Hospital.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Clinton Country Club, Belles Springs Golf Course, and Challenge Course at White Deer Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Ravensburg State Park, Tiadaghton State Forest, and Holiday Pines Campgrounds.
- There are 34 churches in or near the city, including All Things Bright & Beautiful, Church of God, and Grace Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.21% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,271, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,413, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,538, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.08%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Avis receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Avis has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Avis has a dense population density of 2,170.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Avis have an average daily commute time.
- Avis has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.53%.