Senior Living in Avoca, Indiana
Top zip codes in Avoca, IN: 47420
- Avoca scores significantly higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Avoca scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bedford Regional Medical Center, St Vincent Dunn Hospital Inc, and Bloomington Hospital.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Westview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Garden Villa - Bedford, and Core of Bedford, Inc..
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 83 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Otis Park Golf Course, Stone Crest Golf Community, and Bloomington Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Thornton Park, Lawrence County Recreational Park:, and Jellystone Park at Lake Monroe: Cabin & Camping Resort.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Judah Church of Christ, Pinhook Church of Christ, and 39Th Street Christian Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.84% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's median household income is $112,639, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,050, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Avoca receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Avoca has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Avoca has an average population density of 602.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Avoca have a very short daily commute time.
- Avoca has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.