Senior Living in Avoca, Michigan
Top zip codes in Avoca, MI: 48006
- Avoca scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Avoca scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Medilodge of Yale, Serenity Senior Living, and Farquhar Adult Foster Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Leaning Tree Golf Club, Belle River Golf & Country Club, and Willow Tree Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Ruby Campground, Brockway Township Community Park, and Silver Trails Scout Reservation.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Cornerstone Church, Hillside Wesleyan Church, and Emanuel Redeemer Evangelical.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.49% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,811, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,707, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,676, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,940 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.60%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Avoca receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Avoca has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Avoca has a very sparse population density of 56.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Avoca have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Avoca has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.68%.