Senior Living in Avoca, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Avoca, MN: 56114
- Avoca scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Avoca scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Murray County Memorial Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maple Lawn Nursing Home, Maplewood Court, and Golden LivingCenter - Slayton.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Town & Country Golf Course, Rolling Hills Golf Club, and Tracy Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Murray County Treasurer, Lake Shetek State Park, and Schreiers on Shetek Campground.
- There are no churches in or near the city.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.61% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,755, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,750, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,110, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.33%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Avoca receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Avoca has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Avoca has a very sparse population density of 7.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Avoca have an average daily commute time.
- Avoca has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.68%.