Senior Living in Avoca, New York
Top zip codes in Avoca, NY: 14809
- Avoca scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Avoca scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Bath Va Medical Center and Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maryville Home For Adults, Cairn Cottage, and IDMH - Fred & Harriett Taylor Health Center SNF.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Bath Country Club, Twin Hickory Golf Club, and Hornell Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Tumble Hill Campground and Bud Valley Campground).
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church of Avoca, NY, Cohocton Assemlby of God, and St Mary\'s Rc Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.13% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,435, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,319, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,327, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.06%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Avoca receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Avoca has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Avoca has a very sparse population density of 45.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Avoca have a short daily commute time.
- Avoca has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.96%.