Senior Living in Avon, Illinois
Top zip codes in Avon, IL: 61415
- Avon scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Avon scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Courtyard Estates of Bushnel, Care Center of Abingdon, and Roseville Rehabilitation and Health Care.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Shaw Creek Golf Course, Cottonwood Hills Golf Club, and Wee-Ma-Tuk Hills Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Timberview Lakes).
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Geo H Wilson and Watson William A).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.93% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,976, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,705, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,926, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.58%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Avon receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Avon has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Avon has a very sparse population density of 15.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Avon have a long daily commute time.
- Avon has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.54%.