Senior Living in Avon, Indiana
Top zip codes in Avon, IN: 46123
- Avon scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Avon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Indiana University Health West Hospital, Hendricks Regional Health, and Rehabilitation Hospital.
- There are 65 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Park Square Manor, Countryside Meadows, and The Hearth at Prestwick.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 267 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 86 golf courses in or around the city, including Hendricks County Golf Course, Prestwick Country Club, and Country Club of Indianapolis, The.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Avon Town Hall Park, Washington Township Park, and Raceview Family Campground.
- There are 137 churches in or near the city, including Avon Christian Church, Avon Community Church, and Faith Baptist Church of Avon.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 98 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 59 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $88,125, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $76,811, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,294, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,100 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,411 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,070 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.75%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Avon receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Avon has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Avon has an average population density of 1,036.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Avon have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Avon has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.75%.