Senior Living in Avon, New York
Top zip codes in Avon, NY: 14414
- Avon scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Avon scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Avon Nursing & Rehabilitation, Conesus Lake Nursing Home, and Morgan Estates Assisted Living Community.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 76 golf courses in or around the city, including FarView Golf Course, Caledonia Country Club, and Livingston Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Gravel Ponds Sport Fishing and Conesus Lake Campground).
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including First Presbyterian Church, Avon United Methodist Church, and Lutheran Church of Epiphany.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.00% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.73% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,611, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,868, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,076, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.24%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Avon receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Avon has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Avon has a sparse population density of 181.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Avon have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Avon has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.25%.