Senior Living in Avon, Ohio
Top zip codes in Avon, OH: 44011
- Avon scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Avon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including St John Medical Center, Emh Regional Medical Center, and Lakewood Hospital.
- There are 103 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Silver Leaf Senior Home, St Mary of The Woods, and Avon Place.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 355 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 99 golf courses in or around the city, including Avon Oaks Country Club, Avondale Golf Club, and Blue/Red Course at Bob O\' Link Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Army National Guard, Sunset Memorial Park, and Rocky River Nature Center.
- There are 197 churches in or near the city, including Faith Lutheran Church, Holy Trinity Church-Avon, and St Mary of the Immaculate.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 166 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 91 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.16% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $107,670, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $81,986, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,510, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,946 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,980 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.43%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Avon receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Avon has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Avon has an average population density of 1,018.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Avon have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Avon has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.79%.