Senior Living in Avon, South Dakota
Top zip codes in Avon, SD: 57315
- Avon scores significantly higher than the South Dakota average of 68.
- Avon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Michael\'s Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Good Samaritan Society - Tyndall and Good Samaritan Society - Wagner)
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Springfield Golf Club, Bon Homme Country Club, and Scotland Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Bucholz Waterfowl Production Area, Tyndall Memorials, and Talsma\'s Trail Park.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Friedensburg Bible Church, Boyle Mike Reverend, and United Church of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Dakota has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,998, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,688, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,356, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,276 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,738 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,578 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.58%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Avon receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Avon has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Avon has a very sparse population density of 8.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Avon have a very short daily commute time.
- Avon has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.36%.