Senior Living in Avondale, Arizona
- Avondale scores lower than the Arizona average of 70.
- Avondale scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 16 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mesa Lutheran Hospital, Arizona Regional Medical Center, and Scottsdale Healthcare-osborn Medical Center.
- There are 373 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Jim and Patti Jones, Koala Care Assisted Living, and Jim and Patti Jones II.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1238 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (13% of residents).
- There are 135 golf courses in or around the city, including Royal Palms Golf Course, Mesa Family Golf Center, and Riverview Golf Course.
- There are 25 parks near the city center, including The Wright House, Twin Palms RV Park, and Gene Autry Park.
- There are 304 churches in or near the city, including First Southern Baptist Church, St Mark\'s Episcopal Church, and St Luke\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 348 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 27 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 219 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.15%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arizona has an average state income tax of 2.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,614, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,262, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,878, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $81,213 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,890 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.44%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Avondale receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Avondale has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Avondale has a dense population density of 2,928.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Avondale have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Avondale has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 76.44%.