Senior Living in Avondale, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Avondale, PA: 19311
- Avondale scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Avondale scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Jennersville Regional Hospital, Coatesville Va Medical Center, and Brandywine Hospital.
- There are 73 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Twin Pines Health Care Center, Friends Home In Kennett, and Kendal at Longwood.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 226 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 96 golf courses in or around the city, including Loch Nairn Golf Club, Hartefeld National Golf Course, and Inniscrone Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Longwood Gardens, White Clay Creek Preserve, and Mt Cuba Center.
- There are 165 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Baptist Church, Avondale Presbyterian Church, and St Gabriel\'s Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 114 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 125 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.21% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $132,907, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $89,884, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,537, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.70%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Avondale receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Avondale has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Avondale has an average population density of 681.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Avondale have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Avondale has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.23%.