Senior Living in Awendaw, South Carolina
Top zip codes in Awendaw, SC: 29429
- Awendaw scores higher than the South Carolina average of 72.
- Awendaw scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Somerby of Mount Pleasant, Laurel Baye Healthcare, and Vibra Hospital of Charleston.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Harbor Course at Wild Dunes Golf Links, Daniel Island Club, and Patriots Point Golf Links.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge, Buck Hall Recreation Area, and Carolina Park Soccer Fields.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Greater Zion Ame Church, All Saints Lutheran Church, and Eastbridge Presbyterian Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.89% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.61%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,753, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,455, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,493, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,600 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,775 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,340 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.43%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Awendaw receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Awendaw has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Awendaw has a very sparse population density of 25.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Awendaw have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Awendaw has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.70%.