Senior Living in Axtell, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Axtell, NE: 68924
- Axtell scores higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Axtell scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Phelps Memorial Health Center, Phelps Memorial Health Center, and Kearney County Health Services Hospital.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bethany Home, Kearney County Health Services, and HeartPrint Home Care.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Holdrege Country Club, Minden Country Club, and Kearney Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including mosiac pond, Pioneer Village Motel, and Pioneer Village Motel.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Bethany Lutheran, Bethany Lutheran Church, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,573, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,688, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,918, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,631 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,021 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,908 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.59%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Axtell receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Axtell has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Axtell has a very sparse population density of 12.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Axtell have a very short daily commute time.
- Axtell has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.11%.