Senior Living in Aynor, South Carolina
Top zip codes in Aynor, SC: 29511
- Aynor scores higher than the South Carolina average of 72.
- Aynor scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Conway Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Morris Manor, Agape Post Acute Care Center - Conway , and Conway Manor.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 71 golf courses in or around the city, including Rolling Hills Golf Course, Conway Golf & Country Club, and Avocet Course at Wild Wing Plantation.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Conway Recreation Department, Horry County Parks & Rec Department, and Williamson Estate & RV Park.
- There are 33 churches in or near the city, including Aynor Church of God, Salem Baptist Church, and Antioch Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.41% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.61%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,928, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,000, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,038, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,595 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $73,000 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,340 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.73%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Aynor receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Aynor has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Aynor has a very sparse population density of 83.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Aynor have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Aynor has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.00%.