Senior Living in Ayr, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Ayr, NE: 68925
- Ayr scores significantly higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Ayr scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Mary Lanning Memorial Hospital and Hastings Regional Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Agemark Corporation Hastings, Goldbeck Towers, and Good Samaritan Society - Hastings Village.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Southern Hills Golf Course, Elks Country Club, and Lochland Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Crystal Lake Campground, Adams County Fairgrounds, and Brickyard Park.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Berean Bible Church, First Church of God, and Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.22% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.91% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,590, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,558, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,005, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,631 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,021 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,908 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.17%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ayr receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Ayr has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Ayr has a very sparse population density of 7.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ayr have a very short daily commute time.
- Ayr has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.38%.