Senior Living in Aztec, New Mexico
Top zip codes in Aztec, NM: 87410
- Aztec scores lower than the New Mexico average of 66.
- Aztec scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Crane\'s Roost Care Home, Good Samaritan Society - Four Corners Village, and Bloomfield Nursing and Rehab.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Hidden Valley Country Club, San Juan Country Club, and Sheraton Tamarron Resort At Durango.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Aztec Ruins National Monument, Ruins Road RV Park and Campground, and Parks & Recreation.
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including First Assembly of God, Aztec Church of Nazarene, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.42% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.50%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Mexico has an average state income tax of 3.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,326, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,560, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,101, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,839 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $84,359 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $35,360 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,896 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.06%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Aztec receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Aztec has average mean temperatures, with very cold winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Aztec has a very sparse population density of 65.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Aztec have an average daily commute time.
- Aztec has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.87%.