Senior Living in Azusa, California
Top zip codes in Azusa, CA: 91702
- Azusa scores higher than the California average of 71.
- Azusa scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 16 hospitals within close range of the city, including Foothill Presbyterian Hospital, East Valley Hospital Medical Center, and San Dimas Community Hospital.
- There are 261 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Silverado Sierra Vista, Sierra Vista Memory Care Community, and Kindred Transitional Care And Rehabilitation-Foothill.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 653 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 103 golf courses in or around the city, including Glendora Country Club, Azusa Greens Country Club, and Glen Oaks Golf & Racquet Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Glendora City Recreation, San Dimas Canyon Park, and Camp Williams Resort.
- There are 180 churches in or near the city, including Grace Episcopal Church, St Dorothy\'s Church, and First Baptist Church-Glendora.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 364 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 18 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 201 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,527, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,190, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,601, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,638 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.26%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Azusa receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Azusa has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Azusa has a sparse population density of 352.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Azusa have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Azusa has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 73.05%.