Senior Living in Babson Park, Florida
Top zip codes in Babson Park, FL: 33827
- Babson Park scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Babson Park scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Lake Wales Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Groves Center, Savannah Court of Lake Wales, and Water\'s Edge of Lake Wales.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 47 golf courses in or around the city, including Lily Lake Golf Resort, Eighteen Hole Course at Indian Lake Estates Golf & Country Club, and Lake Wales Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Lake Wales Ridge State Forest, Southern Pines Resort, and Rainbow Resort.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including River Ranch Chapel, First United Methodist Child, and Church On the Ridge.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.52% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,139, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,508, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,865, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,600 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $95,995 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.98%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Babson Park receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Babson Park has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Babson Park has a sparse population density of 100.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Babson Park have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Babson Park has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.44%.