Senior Living in Bagdad, Kentucky
Top zip codes in Bagdad, KY: 40003
- Bagdad scores significantly higher than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Bagdad scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Frankfort Regional Medical Center and Jewish Hospital - Shelbyville).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Masonic Homes of Kentucky, Masonic Home of Shelbyville, and Golden Livingcenter - Frankfort.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 79 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Juniper Hills Golf Course, Lakeview Springs Golf Complex, and Frankfort Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Kentucky River Camp Grounds, Shelbyville/Shelby Co Parks & Rec. - Clear Creek Park - Family Activity Center, and Parks Department.
- There are 120 churches in or near the city, including Beechridge Baptist Church, Bagdad Baptist Church, and Beechridge Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.84% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,001, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,446, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,212, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,990 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,958 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.39%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bagdad receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bagdad has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Bagdad has a very sparse population density of 45.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bagdad have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bagdad has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.65%.