Senior Living in Bahama, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Bahama, NC: 27503
- Bahama scores significantly higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Bahama scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including John Umstead Hospital, North Carolina Specialty Hospital, and Durham Regional Hospital.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Peak Resources - Treyburn, Kindred Transitional Care And Rehabilitation - Rose Manor, and Brookdale Durham.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 183 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Willowhaven Country Club, Treyburn Country Club, and Lake Winds Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Little River Regional Park and Natural Area, West Point on the Eno, and Whippoorwill Park.
- There are 77 churches in or near the city, including Bahama Baptist Church, Mount Bethel United Methodist, and Rose of Sharon Baptist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 72 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.79% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $101,522, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $81,220, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,799, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,407 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.98%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bahama receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bahama has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bahama has a very sparse population density of 95.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bahama have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bahama has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.67%.