Senior Living in Baker, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Baker, LA: 70714
- Baker scores higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Baker scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Greater Baton Rouge Surgical Hospital, Lane Regional Medical Center, and Earl K Long Medical Center.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Northridge Care Center, Provisions Residential Care, and Baton Rouge Health Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 237 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Dumas Park Golf Course, Clark Park Golf Course, and Beaver Creek Golf Course.
- There are 33 parks near the city center, including Greenwood Community Park, BREC Laurens Henry Cohn, Senior Memorial Plant Arboretum, and Hooper Road Park.
- There are 320 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church of Baker, Harding Street Baptist Church, and Faith Baptist Church.
- There are 21 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 157 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.44% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,879, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,958, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,642, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,780 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $62,576 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,084 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,909 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.16%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Baker receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Baker has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Baker has an average population density of 575.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Baker have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Baker has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.33%.