Senior Living in Bakersfield, California
- Bakersfield scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Bakersfield scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bakersfield Memorial Hospital, Mercy Hospital, and San Joaquin Community Hospital.
- There are 79 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Valley Convalescent Hospital, St. John Manor, and Second Chance For Independent Living.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 264 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Sundale Country Club, Stockdale Country Club, and Links at River Lakes Ranch, The.
- There are 23 parks near the city center, including Bakersfield Parks & Recreation, Beale Park, and Mill Creek Linear Park.
- There are 77 churches in or near the city, including Grace Assembly of God Church, New Life in Christ Church, and Bakersfield Community Church.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 206 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 75 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.80% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,375, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,783, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,006, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $100,010 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,566 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.69%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bakersfield receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Bakersfield has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Bakersfield has a dense population density of 2,481.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bakersfield have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bakersfield has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 73.13%.