Senior Living in Bakerstown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bakerstown, PA: 15007
- Bakerstown scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bakerstown scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Healthsouth Harmarville Hosp, Upmc Passavant, and Upmc St Margaret.
- There are 94 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St Barnabas Health System, Fosnight Personal Care Homes, and Valencia Woods at St Barnabas.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 281 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 118 golf courses in or around the city, including Deer Run Golf Course, Pheasant Ridge Golf Course, and Eighteen Hole Course at Pittsburgh North Golf Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Pittsburgh North Golf Course, Hampton Township Park, and North Park.
- There are 146 churches in or near the city, including Bakerstown First Presbyterian, Baughman, Carl L - Samaritan Counseling Center, and St Thomas Church-in-the-Fields.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 111 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 139 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,367, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $80,227, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,729, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bakerstown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bakerstown has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Bakerstown has an average population density of 967.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bakerstown have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bakerstown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.03%.