Senior Living in Baldwin, Iowa
Top zip codes in Baldwin, IA: 52207
- Baldwin scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Baldwin scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Jackson County Regional Health Center).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Clover Ridge Place, Maquoketa Care Center, and QHC Crestridge .
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Maquoketa Country Club, Little Bear Country Club, and Fillmore Fairways Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Maquoketa Caves State Park and Buzzard Ridge Wildlife Area).
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including United Church of Christ, Kingdom Hall of Jehovah\'s, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.39% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,364, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,523, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,364, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.41%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Baldwin receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Baldwin has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Baldwin has a very sparse population density of 9.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Baldwin have an average daily commute time.
- Baldwin has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.49%.