Senior Living in Baldwin, North Dakota
Top zip codes in Baldwin, ND: 58521
- Baldwin scores higher than the North Dakota average of 65.
- Baldwin scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Redwood Village, Redwood Village, and St. Gabriel\'s Community.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Apple Creek Country Club, Hawktree Golf Club, and Tom O\'Leary Golf Club.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including Century Baptist Church, First Evangelical Free Church, and Charity Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There is 1 grocery store within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.46% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Dakota has an average state income tax of 1.04%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,328, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,357, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,490, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,010 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $101,791 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,562 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,200 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.51%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 5% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Baldwin receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Baldwin has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Baldwin has a very sparse population density of 4.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Baldwin have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Baldwin has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.87%.