Senior Living in Baldwin, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Baldwin, WI: 54002
- Baldwin scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Baldwin scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Baldwin Area Med Ctr).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Baldwin Care Center, Baldwin Comforts of Home, and Heritage Court.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Hammond Golf Club, Pheasant Hills Golf Course, and Badlands Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Kinnickinnic Wet Prairie, Glen Hills County Park, and Crystal Cave.
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including First Reformed Church, Peace Lutheran Church, and Gethsemane Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.25% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,820, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,946, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,317, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.10%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Baldwin receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Baldwin has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Baldwin has a very sparse population density of 83.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Baldwin have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Baldwin has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.79%.