Senior Living in Baldwinsville, New York
Top zip codes in Baldwinsville, NY: 13027
- Baldwinsville scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Baldwinsville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden Legacy Senior Living, Loretto Community Residences, and Syracuse Home Association.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 93 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 65 golf courses in or around the city, including Ironwood Golf & Country Club, Radisson Greens Golf Course, and Foxfire at Village Green.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Beaver Lake Nature Center, Three Rivers State Game Management Area, and Long Branch Park.
- There are 71 churches in or near the city, including St Elizabeth Ann Seton Church, First Baptist Church, and St Mary\'s Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 67 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 33 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $82,643, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,836, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,657, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.49%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Baldwinsville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Baldwinsville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Baldwinsville has a sparse population density of 464.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Baldwinsville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Baldwinsville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.54%.