Senior Living in Baldwinville, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Baldwinville, MA: 01436
- Baldwinville scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Baldwinville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Athol Memorial Hospital and Heywood Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Baldwinville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Wachusett Manor, and Gardner Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 50 golf courses in or around the city, including Winchendon Country Club, Ellinwood Country Club, and Gardner Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Otter River State Forest, Templeton Common Historic District, and Dunn Pond State Park.
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including St Martin\'s Rectory, East Templeton United Meth Chr, and First Church of Templeton.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 32 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,387, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $66,875, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,265, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.72%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Baldwinville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Baldwinville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Baldwinville has a sparse population density of 347.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Baldwinville have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Baldwinville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.91%.