Senior Living in Ball, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Ball, LA: 71405
- Ball scores significantly higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Ball scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Alexandria Va Medical Center, Huey P Long Medical Center, and Central Louisiana State Hosp.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Woods Haven Senior Citizens Home, Tioga Community Care Center, and The Oaks Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 115 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Golf Club at Timber Trails, Alexandria Golf & Country Club, and Oakwing Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Gone Wild Safari, US Forestry Department, and Clear Creek Campground.
- There are 58 churches in or near the city, including Palestine United Methodist Chr, Church of Pentecost, and Pinehurst Baptist Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 46 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.82% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,067, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,968, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,980, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,880 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $62,050 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $35,464 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.57%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ball receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ball has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Ball has a sparse population density of 381.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ball have a short daily commute time.
- Ball has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.90%.