Senior Living in Balm, Florida
Top zip codes in Balm, FL: 33503
- Balm scores significantly higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Balm scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including South Bay Hospital, South Bay Hospital, and Brandon Regional Hospital.
- There are 51 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aston Garden at Sun City Center, Angels TCH, and Freedom Plaza at Sun City Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 221 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (14% of residents).
- There are 103 golf courses in or around the city, including Summerfield Crossings Golf Club, Apollo Beach Golf & Sea Club, and Cypress Creek Course at Golf Club at Cypress Creek, The.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Lithia Springs Regional Park, Canoe Outpost-Little Manatee River, and Little Manatee River State Park.
- There are 58 churches in or near the city, including Big Bend United Methodist Chr, Balm Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 89 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.09% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,450 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,057 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 50.00%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Balm receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Balm has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Balm has a sparse population density of 167.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Balm have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Balm has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.