Senior Living in Baltimore, Maryland
- Baltimore scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Baltimore scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 29 hospitals within close range of the city, including Maryland General Hospital, Va Maryland Healthcare System - Baltimore, and University Of Maryland Medical Center.
- There are 270 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including FutureCare Charles Village, Telesis Balltimore Corporation, and FutureCare Homewood.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1133 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 82 golf courses in or around the city, including Clifton Park Golf Course, Carroll Park Golf Course, and Elkridge Club.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Druid Hill Park, H.P. Rawlings Conservatory & Botanic Gardens of Baltimore, and Clifton Park.
- There are 871 churches in or near the city, including Wildner Charles L, Bell Shawn L, and Fulton Baptist Church.
- There are 26 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 683 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 27 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 333 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.22% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,042, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,898, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,057, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.33%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Baltimore receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Baltimore has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Baltimore has a very dense population density of 9,582.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Baltimore have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Baltimore has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.80%.