Senior Living in Bancroft, Michigan
Top zip codes in Bancroft, MI: 48414
- Bancroft scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Bancroft scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Memorial Healthcare).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Serenity House Assisted Living, Durand Senior Care and Rehab Center, and Olive Branch Senior Assisted Living.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 88 golf courses in or around the city, including Dutch Hollow Golf Club, Chippewa Hills Country Club, and Holiday Meadows Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Walnut Hills Family Campground and Holiday Shores RV Resort).
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Durand Assembly of God, St Joseph Church, and United Methodist of Gaines.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 26 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,862, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,215, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,174, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $108,770 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.81%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bancroft receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bancroft has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bancroft has a very sparse population density of 77.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bancroft have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bancroft has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.01%.