Senior Living in Bancroft, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Bancroft, WI: 54921
- Bancroft scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Bancroft scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Riverview Hsptl Assoc).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Compassions Connection, Whispering Pines Assisted Living, and Lodge at Whispering Pines.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Tree Acres Golf Course, Ridges Golf Course, The, and Bull\'s Eye Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Vista Royalle Campground Ltd, South Wood County Park, and Standing Rock Park.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including The Springs, Your United Methodist Community, Apostolic Bible Chapel, and Cornerstone Community Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,568, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,625, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,305, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.58%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bancroft receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bancroft has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bancroft has a very sparse population density of 17.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bancroft have a short daily commute time.
- Bancroft has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.20%.