Senior Living in Bancroft, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Bancroft, WV: 25011
- Bancroft scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Bancroft scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (West Virginia Rehab Center and Camc Teays Valley Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bellaire at Devonshire, L and C Loving Care Home, and Regency Place.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 87 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Scarlet Oaks Country Club, Meadowland Golf Course, and Sleepy Hollow Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Amherst/Plymouth Wildlife Management Area, Sports City U Basketball Academy, and Hurricane City Park.
- There are 93 churches in or near the city, including Carter William D, Bess Benny Rev, and Winfield Church of Christ.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,408, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,111, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,425, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,200 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,116 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $37,752 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.68%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bancroft receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bancroft has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bancroft has a dense population density of 2,005.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bancroft have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bancroft has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.25%.