Senior Living in Bandon, Oregon
Top zip codes in Bandon, OR: 97411
- Bandon scores lower than the Oregon average of 67.
- Bandon scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center and Coquille Valley Hospital District).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mike\'s Place Adult Foster Home, Pacific View Assisted Living and Memory Care, and Oerding Manor Retirement Residence.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (48% of residents).
- There are 5 golf courses in or around the city, including Bandon Dunes Course at Bandon Dunes, Bandon Face Rock Golf Course, and Coquille Valley Elks.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Bandon By the Sea RV Park, West Coast Game Park Safari, and Face Rock State Scenic Viewpoint.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Bandon Forsquare Church, and Bandon Christian Fellowship.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.07% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.71% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oregon has an average state income tax of 7.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,703, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,041, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,186, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,190 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,868 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,620 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,078 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.74%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bandon receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bandon has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Bandon has a very sparse population density of 51.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bandon have a short daily commute time.
- Bandon has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.56%.