Senior Living in Bangor, California
Top zip codes in Bangor, CA: 95914
- Bangor scores significantly higher than the California average of 71.
- Bangor scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Oroville Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Hearts , La Mirada Villa, and Country Crest Post Acute.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (40% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Kelly Ridge Country Club, Plumas Lake Golf & Country Club, and Peach Tree Golf & Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Collins Lake, Thousand Trails Campground, and Lake of the Springs RV Resort.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Abundant Life, Church of the Nazarene, and Foothill Community Free Meth.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.73% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.58% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,657, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,446, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,904, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,500 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $88,148 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $37,700 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 21.51%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 5% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bangor receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bangor has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Bangor has a very sparse population density of 39.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bangor have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bangor has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.50%.