Senior Living in Bangor, Maine
Top zip codes in Bangor, ME: 04401
- Bangor scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Bangor scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph Hospital, Eastern Maine Medical Center, and Acadia Hospital.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Crestwood Place, Winterberry Heights Assisted Living and Memory Care, and Sunbury Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 128 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Eighteen Course at Bangor Municipal Golf Course, Hermon Meadow Golf Club & Training Center, and Penobscot Valley Country Club.
- There are 23 parks near the city center, including Paul Bunyan Campground, Essex Woods, and Hayford Park.
- There are 47 churches in or near the city, including Bangor Baptist Church, Neighborhood Church, and Columbia Street Baptist.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 32 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,938, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,873, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,138, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $55,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,576 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,040 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.02%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bangor receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bangor has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bangor has a sparse population density of 448.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bangor have a very short daily commute time.
- Bangor has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.00%.