Senior Living in Bangor, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bangor, PA: 18013
- Bangor scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bangor scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Warren Hospital and Pocono Medical Center).
- There are 42 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Slate Belt Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Morning Star Manor, and The Chelsea at Brookfield.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 147 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 73 golf courses in or around the city, including Apple Mountain Golf & Country Club, Riverview Country Club, and Sawmill Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Weona Park, Jacobsburg State Park, and Pocono Vacation Park.
- There are 61 churches in or near the city, including Mackey Memorial Baptist Church, Our Lady of Mt Carmel, and Prince of Peace Lutheran Chr.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 81 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 63 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.75% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,644, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,044, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,713, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.79%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bangor receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bangor has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Bangor has a sparse population density of 296.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bangor have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bangor has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.48%.