Senior Living in Bangor, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Bangor, WI: 54614
- Bangor scores significantly higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Bangor scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Franciscan Skemp Sparta Hsptl, Franciscan Skemp La Crosse Hsptl, and Gundersen Luth Med Ctr.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lakeview Health Center, Mulder Health Care Facility, and Time For Ease.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Maple Grove Country Club, Sparta Municipal Golf Course, and Monroe Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Neshonoc Lakeside Camping Resort, Veterans Memorial Park Campground, and Leon Valley Campground.
- There are 37 churches in or near the city, including St Pauls Ev Lutheran Church, Our Saviour\'s Lutheran Church, and Christ Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.63% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.96% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,225, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,441, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,669, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,520 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.89%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bangor receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bangor has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bangor has a very sparse population density of 36.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bangor have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bangor has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.64%.