Senior Living in Bantam, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Bantam, CT: 06750
- Bantam scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Bantam scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wellspring Foundation, New Milford Hospital, and Charlotte Hungerford Hospital.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brandywine Senior Living, Rose Haven, Ltd, and Rose Haven.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 91 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 92 golf courses in or around the city, including Stonybrook Golf Course, Litchfield Country Club, and Lake Waramaug Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Mount Tom State Park, White Memorial Conservation Center, and Wyantenock State Forest.
- There are 71 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of Grace Church, Our Lady of Grace Church Chr, and St Anthony of Padua Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 42 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 51 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,910, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,417, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,763, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.75%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bantam receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bantam has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bantam has a sparse population density of 194.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bantam have an average daily commute time.
- Bantam has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.65%.