Senior Living in Baraboo, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Baraboo, WI: 53913
- Baraboo scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Baraboo scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Clare Hsptl Hlth Svcs).
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St Clare Meadows Care Center, Greenbriar Apartments, and Our House Assisted Care - Baraboo.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including Baraboo Country Club, Fairfield Hills Golf Course, and Devil\'s Head Lodge.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Fox Hill Rv Park & Campground, International Crane Foundation, and Nordic Pines Campground.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Baraboo Assembly of God, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Advent Christian Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.54% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,388, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,393, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,281, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.84%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Baraboo receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Baraboo has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Baraboo has a sparse population density of 151.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Baraboo have a short daily commute time.
- Baraboo has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.04%.