Senior Living in Barberton, Ohio
Top zip codes in Barberton, OH: 44203
- Barberton scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Barberton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Summa Barberton Hospital, Akron General Medical Center, and Summa Wadsworth-rittman Hospital.
- There are 86 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Manorcare Health Services-Barberton, Saber Skilled Nursing Unit at Barberton, and Pleasant View Health Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 385 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 133 golf courses in or around the city, including Barberton Brookside Country Club, First/Second Course at Loyal Oak Golf Course, and Chippewa Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Barberton City of Parks & Rec, Barberton Veterinary Clinic, and Portage Lakes State Park.
- There are 258 churches in or near the city, including Grace Brethren Church, Galilee Missionary Bapt Church, and Faith Baptist Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 155 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 96 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.52% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,872, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,955, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,498, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,535 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.02%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Barberton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Barberton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Barberton has an average population density of 1,178.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Barberton have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Barberton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.55%.