Senior Living in Barboursville, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Barboursville, WV: 25504
- Barboursville scores significantly higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Barboursville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Mary\'s Medical Center, Mildred Mitchell-bateman Hosp, and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Wyngate Senior Living Community, Midland Meadows Senior Living, and The Wyngate at RiversEdge.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 114 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Deer Creek Golf Course, Orchard Hills Golf Course, and Esquire Golf Course.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Barboursville Park, Ridgelawn Memorial Park, and Beech Fork State Park.
- There are 81 churches in or near the city, including Barboursville Methodist Church, Fellowship Baptist Church, and Farmdale Church of Christ.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 58 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,495, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,078, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,424, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $101,653 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,420 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.98%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Barboursville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Barboursville has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Barboursville has a sparse population density of 255.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Barboursville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Barboursville has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.72%.